Product Of Tha 90s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
POT-90s
POT-90s
Admin
Admin
https://pot-90s.forumotion.com

A Guide To Proper /me's & /do's Empty A Guide To Proper /me's & /do's

5/10/2023, 1:09 pm
Remember, it is very important to pay attention to the chat on the top left of your screen so you can pay attention to people doing /me's and /do's because they could be directed towards you without you knowing. Even though at first it might feel a bit uncomfortable to use /me and /do it shows you truly know one of the proper ways to roleplay!!
Guide to /me's​
Firstly, how to understand and use a /me you must know the definition and the meaning behind the term. A /me is an action or expression done by a player. All /me's must have correct spelling and ALWAYS end it with a period. The use of improper /me's will result in consequences. A /me helps improve the roleplay by explaining things that can't be seen through actions or animations done in game, it provides further depth and more immersion to your roleplay. Every /me should have depth and the more description the better. /me's can also be used when describing your character also, by giving descriptions of what you are doing.

Proper examples of /me's:​
1. "/me enters the car placing the key in the ignition, turns it and starts the engine."
2. "/me is a young hispanic male standing 5'10 weighing 145 lbs."
3. "/me opens the trunk of the SUV, placing three heavy boxes in the truck next to each other ensuring there is enough space."
4. "/me starts to tug on the Lion's pockets, flipping his pockets inside out."

Improper examples of /me's:​
1. "/me turns on the car."
2. "/me gives money."
3. "/me puts boxes in trunk."

Guide to /do's​
Secondly, how to understand and use a /do you must know the definition and the meaning behind the word. A /do is describing an active scenario and is used to answer role play. All /do's MUST begin with a capital letter and end with a period. When answering and asking a question with a /do you MUST answer to /do's correctly. Failure to answer a /do will result in consequences. /do's are not to represent what your character is doing/actions. Please do not get this confused with a /me.

Proper examples of /do's:​
1. "/do Smoke begins to flow out of the window as the group finishes hotboxing the vehicle."
( This provides a complete description of what would be seen through your imagination since you can't see it in game)
2. "/me reaches for the handcuffs starting to place it on Cassan's wrist.
"/do Would Cassan begin to resist? ||
"/do Yes, he/she would resist." or "No, he/she would not resist."
( This provides a /do with a question and answer that would come from a /me)
3. "/do The pants would be sagging, revealing the pistol tucked in his boxers."
( This provides a brief description of what the male would see as he looks at your character )

Improper examples of /do's:​
1. "/do Would have pants on."
2. "/do Places suspect in cuffs, resist?"
3. "/do Would wear coat."

The /me's & /do's used to answer roleplay:​
1. /me: /me reaches for the handcuffs, starting to place them on the males wrist.
/do: "/do Yes, he/she would resist." or "No, he/she would not resist."

2. /me: /me starts to pat Juwan's pockets, flipping his pockets inside out.
/do: "/do What items would be found inside Juwan's pockets?" /do You would find a wallet containing cash and a debit card in the right pocket of his jeans.

3. /me: /me starts to reach down for the males neck starting to check for a pulse.
Answer: "/do Would the male have a pulse?." or "/do The male would have a pulse."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum